Huffman Creek Retreat Registered Guest Information
Now that you have completed your booking, it's time to plan your trip! Below you will find your welcome letter, driving directions, checkin information, and other helpful tools.
To receive your door code, please send a text message with your full name, date of arrival, estimated arrival time, and the cabin you are staying in to 865.771.0957.
You are responsible for reading the below information and printing your driving directions BEFORE ARRIVAL! We look forward to welcoming you to Huffman Creek Retreat!
Check In Begins at 4 pm.
You may check in any time AFTER then. If you expect you will arrive late, please be extra mindful in following the directions.
Check Out is at 11 am.
While we would love to extend the time, often there are guests checking in shortly after your departure. To guarantee that the cabin is ready for the next guests, we ask that you please be respectful of the time. Should you be in the cabin after 11 am, the cleaners may begin the cleaning process while you are onsite. Please be sure that you have completed the checkout list BEFORE departure BEFORE 11 am. If you wish to extend your stay, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements.
- You may check in anytime AFTER 4 pm
- Arrive at cabin via directions provided (do NOT use your GPS) be sure to download OR print before leaving home.
- Enter code for cabin (provided upon receipt of text message to 865.771.0957 with your full name, date or arrival, estimated arrival time, and the name of the cabin you are staying in)
- Enjoy your stay!
PLEASE NOTE: for late arrivals, we often leave the door unlocked and the lights on so that you are not arriving to a locked, dark location late at night
Issues, Questions, or Concerns during your stay? Here's what you should do:
If at any point during your stay something is not to your satisfaction, please reach out WHILE YOU ARE ONSITE so that we may have the opportunity to correct the issue. We are incredibly grateful for feedback and can not stress how much we appreciate the opportunity to address any issues that may arise. That said, if we do not hear from you during your stay, we will allow you to enjoy your vacation with your friends and family. We aim to be hands-off-helpful and will only interrupt if it is of the utmost importance. Kali, our onsite, property manager can be reached at 865.964.6811 She can be contacted for Firewood delivery by text message. Please allow up to 24 hours for any requests though we are typically able to respond more quickly. Cellular coverage in the mountains is spotty and we want to be able to address your questions, concerns, or needs just as quickly as possible. Need other help besides firewood? Please feel free to reach out at 865.771.0957.
Fire places, wood stoves, and fire pits at Huffman Creek Retreat:
We love the warmth of a good campfire but also love our woods and cabins. Please be sure to properly extinguish all campfires and indoor fires before leaving the home or going for a hike. Fires should NEVER be left unattended. Please know that you will be held responsible for any damage resulting from uncared for fires. Kali can be contacted by text message for firewood delivery at 865.964.6811.
Trash management at Huffman Creek Retreat:
Trash can be dropped off at 3240 Cherohala Skyway Robbinsville, NC 28771. You are welcome to dispose of any trash you have at the end of your stay in the two trash can outside of your cabin but anything in excess of this will result in a $35 per bag additional charge. Please do NOT leave trash out for long periods of time. We are located in a rural environment and bears and other animals will drag trash into the woods if it is left too long.
Beer, Wine, and Spirits at Huffman Creek Retreat:
We are located in Graham County - no longer a dry county as of April 1, 2022. Beer and wine can now be purchased in town but spirits such as whiskey, gin, vodka, etc. can only be purchased at a state ABC store. The closest one to Huffman Creek Retreat is in Andrews, NC.
Forgot your toothbrush? Need supplies? Here is what we recommend: (Click on name for location)
At this time we DO NOT keep extra supplies onsite
Campfire gear, fishing license, tackle: A4 Ace Hardware
Medical Needs, Sundries, Medication: Walgreens
GPS, Internet, and Cellular Coverage at Huffman Creek Retreat:
The area has limited cell phone coverage which can make the use of GPS tricky. Be sure to print and follow the attached driving directions. I promise, your GPS is lying to you. Several of the roads on your device DO NOT EXIST!!!!! Cellular coverage is spotty in the mountains. Be sure to give friends and family a heads up before traveling this way. Upon arrival to Huffman Creek you will have access to WiFi if you are staying at the Chestnut Lodge, Creekside Lodge, Homestead, or Hemlock Cabin. The Trout House, Treehouse, and Barn DO NOT HAVE WIFI. While some cabins have WiFi, it's not ideal for streaming (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) or gaming, it's more than sufficient for conducting business and making WiFi based calls. The WiFi password is Chestnut for all cabins with WiFi.
Tell Us About Your Stay:
In your cabin you will find a journal with stories from past guests and a packet of handy area information. We invite you to read through the provided materials for recommended activities, campfire recipes, and a bit of history about Huffman Creek Retreat. At the end of your stay, we hope you’ll leave a journal entry about your adventures! Also, we love checking out your pictures on Facebook and Instagram. Be sure to tag us in your photos @HuffmanCreekRetreat or with #HuffmanCreekRetreat
- Check out is at 11 am
- Please put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it.
- Please tie up all Trash and haul to the dump (info above) you may leave trash in the two cans provided. Anything in addition to this should be hauled to the dump. Failure to do so will result in a $35 per bag fee.
- Please be sure all lights are turned off, windows are closed, and doors are shut.
Failure to complete the requested checkout procedure will result in a $100 fee.
Places to Visit Offsite:
Be sure to check the welcome book in your cabin for even more info and recommendations!
- Wehrloom Honey: This is a bee observatory, honey tasting room, and Meadery
- Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center: They have a great local arts gallery and offer seasonal concerts
- Stoney Hollow Farm: Upic historic farm and flower garden (bring cash they operate on the honor system / open Friday and Sunday)
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forrest: Stunning virgin timber forrest with GIANT trees
- 129 Tail of the Dragon: Drive the curviest road in the USA / 318 curves in 11 miles
- Smoky Mountain Railroad: Located in Bryson City offering Beer Rides, Polar Express, Railroad Dinners, and Scenic Tours
- Nantahala Outdoor Center: White Water Raft, Zipline, Hike, and more at the premier outdoor adventure destination of the Smokies!
- Cherohala Skyway: Great place to see scenic vistas and hike (Hooper Bald is beautiful!)
Remember . . .
- Never Leave Your Fire Unattended (Inside or Outside)
- Remember that you are in a remote location and act accordingly. Emergency services can take over an hour to arrive. You are responsible for your own safety.
- Let the wildlife be wild. Do NOT approach, feed, or harass the animals
- Take only pictures, leave only footprints
- Please treat out home with respect and kindness
Emergency Numbers . . .
Graham County Police Department - 828.479.3352
Lagniappe Animal Hospital - 828.479.4849
Blount Memorial Hospital (For serious injury) - 865.983.7211
Cherokee Indian Hospital (For minor injury) - 828.497.9163
UT Veterinary Medial Center - 865.974.8387
Asheville After Hours Animal Emergency Center - 828.665.4399
American Association of Poison Control Centers - 800.222.1222
Safe travels and thank you for choosing to join us at the Barn at Huffman Creek Retreat!
Chelsea, Hunter, Kali and the Turner Family
865.771.0957 - CHELSEA
865.696.8242 - HUNTER
865.964.6811 - KALI